It’s a new year, it’s a new day, it’s the perfect time for endless possibilities!
This year I am not making any resolutions as I never keep them anyways unless they are really short term ones. For example last year I said I would start my day with a glass of water mixed with fresh lemon juice. And I did! It lasted a whole week, as planned! Which proves I can keep a resolution.
But don’t ask me to stick to the program if it involves long term goals. I think just the word “resolution” puts me off. This year I was tempted to put on my list “learn a new language” but couldn’t make up my mind on which one to choose! A useful one? Something close to my heart I would almost never put in practice? Improve my knowledge of an already known language I am not fluent in? I just dropped the idea although it is still floating around, never too far from my front brain! The gym is always an option: good for you from a physical and mental point of view. If only there was a gym close to where I live I’d be there in a blink of an eye! I achieve so many things when I can walk where they happen, the idea of getting in my car and driving to a gym just takes away the bit of will I might have had. My last idea was to add travel and discover at least 3 places I have never been to. And just as I was thinking about this I came across a blogpost written by a woman living in Rhode Island on this exact subject and how instead of making resolutions she never keeps she would write down things she wanted to try/do/visit in her area. If you understand French I invite you to read her post on her blog “Live from Rhode Island“. I just love this idea and will actually “steal” it from her and keep it simple. I’ve been keeping track of a list of things I want to do in France. It is now my bucket list/resolutions for 2017! I kept it short intentionally as I have a tendency to get side tracked!
My 2017 bucket list
- Visit the “Familistère de Guise“, a utopia made reality in the North of France.
- Have a fun family day at Parc Asterix, an amusement park supposed to be really good and only 20 minutes away from my house. I can’t figure out why I have never been there in over 3 years!
- Discover the “hortillonnages” in the city of Amiens. This ensemble of floating gardens set on small water canals is a unique place and one I absolutely want to check off my list in 2017!
- Spend a day in Paris once a month and each time visit a new museum plus try a new restaurant.
- Get inspired in Giverny where you can walk through Claude Monet’s gardens.
- Spend a weekend in Honfleur in Normandy. I keep seeing pictures of this beautiful place that make me want to go there.
- Go on a hike in the Platé desert in Savoie. A few months ago I saw a short documentary with amazing views and couldn’t believe this desert was actually in France. Being a mountain addict I absolutely need to take my family there. If not in 2017 at leat it will be written somewhere and I won’t forget about it!
- Fill my lungs with the Atlantic Ocean air at the bassin d’Arcachon (and eat oysters!).
What about you? Did you make new year resolutions? What kind and do you keep them? Do you have a bucket list? Have you ever visited any of the places I mention? What is on your list? I would love to hear from you!
Happy new year!!!