I am happy to announce the launch of a new series of interviews with fellow expats all over the world. More than interviews they are conversations as the questions would evolve depending on where our chat would take us. Some of these interviews were face to face, other happened via Skype and others through e-mail exchanges.
I began with my immediate circle of friends and people I met through a Facebook group I am part of. It so happens I started with 10 ladies which was absolutely not intentional! Out of these 10 ladies, 9 are Belgians, that was intentional as my first thought was to interview Belgian expats living abroad. I quickly decided to expand my original idea as I wanted to know more and didn’t want to limit myself to Belgians! I was actually fascinated by the stories I got to hear. Discussing about my project someone told me I should interview myself. At first I thought it was a bit dodgy but after giving it some thought I decided to answer my questions. So at some point you’ll read my auto-interview!!
In the coming weeks I will publish my conversations with these extraordinary women. To give you a preview, here are the first interviews that will come to you soon even if probably not in that order:
- Catherine, from Brussels to London, New York and back to Belgium
- Deborah, from Brussels to Paris
- Véronique, from Brussels to Washington DC
- Katrien, from Liège to Tennessee
- Isabelle, from Brussels to Seoul
- Aurélie, from Brussels to New York
- Corinne, from Brussels to London
- Caroline, from Brussels to Philadelphia
- Karen, from Santiago de Chile to Paris
- Maya (me!), from Brussels to Paris
I’d love to hear about your experience. If you would like to be featured in this series, take a look at the about section of the blog for my contact details, I’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below: tell me where you’re from and where you live!